Monday, July 23, 2007

Less than 12 hours!!

Well since I will be embarking on the trip of a lifetime in less than 12 hours, I figured it is about time to share the details.

Here's a little info first...I am a senior at St. John's University and recently spent a semester abroad in Australia and had the most amazing experiences ever. Since it takes over a day to get to the South Pacific from NY I had to make a pit spot in New Zealand on the way home. After traveling to Australia solo, I was looking for something more in New Zealand, and that's when found Contiki! So I booked a 13 day Contiki tour of New Zealand and hoped for the best, but what I got was the most amazing 2 weeks ever. On this trip I did things I could never have imagined doing before like bungee jumping, black water rafting, glacier hiking, at it was all thanks to Contiki and my great tour group. Just think of two weeks with amazing people, action packed days, and awesome nights. Contiki introduced me to people around the world, who I still talk to and even have plans to meet up with again as we cross paths through travel. I began my journey solo and returned home with heaps of stories and heaps of new friends.

So back to 12 hours from now...I will be en route to Paris, where I will begin a 13 day tour of 6 European countries with Contiki once again. Although I've been to Europe in the past, I'm expecting a completely different experience. Many of our destinations are unfamiliar to me like Paris, Switzerland, Florence, and Prague. Then there are also the few familiar places of Venice, Austria, and Munich. With me on this journey will be over 40 other college students, whom I've never met, which makes the trip even more exciting because not only do I get to experience a whole new world, but I get to do it with a whole new group of people. Also different about this trip is the Contiki staff, they offer the best excursions and know all the inside details about where to eat and where to go out at night. Soon I'll be riding a gondola down the canals in Venice, standing atop the Eiffel Tower, and white water rafting through Austria.

With my 12 hours quickly becoming only 11, I'm going to finish up my last minute packing, but I'll be back soon with details from Paris!

Bye!
Christine :)

P.S. Wanderlust-irresistible impulse to travel and get out and see the world!

No comments: